Welcome to ACTIVATE YOUR CURRICULUM- online version, created in 2014. Upon completion of the course you will receive a certificate indicating one training hour for Program Development.
With ACTIVATE YOUR CURRICULUM You will learn, step by step, how to use movement as an integral teaching tool in your classroom. You will gain confidence as you learn the simple tools to enhance your curriculum with movement activities. Through incorporating kinesthetic learning, you will be the teacher in demand, and will instill in your students a love of learning, creativity, teamwork and mutual respect.
By the end of the training you will be able to-
- Construct a movement activity that uses classroom space safely and creatively regardless of the size of your space.
- Organize students in various group configurations in your classroom space
- Explain a plan of activity simply and effectively to preschoolers and record your activity in a template
- Create an in-class workout that is adaptable to smaller spaces and educates brain as well as body
- Effectively combine props, music and imagery to create memorable activities that are educational and fun for preschool children
This course reflects the regulations of the State/Commonwealth of New York. No information in this course supersedes any state regulations you need to follow. You must consult your state’s regulations when developing policies and procedures. Regulations for all states are accessible on the National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education (NRC) website. Click on the link provided to view regulations in your state.